Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pickled Egg I called it Pink Egg


 Out of curiosity I decided to make this British delicacy, which I heard it's popular pub snack in England.


It's pretty easy to understand why. In a simple word, delicious!


Especially, with its pretty color like this, any girl can easily tempted to eat it, right? :)


By the way, remember pickle beet I made the other day?


So, the brining/juice from the pickle beet is what making this egg looks pretty, and girly. Imagine if the color is blue, or black, I probably lose my appetite. Wouldn't you?


Pickled Eggs


recipe adapted from The Mile End


6 large eggs
2 - 21/2 cups juice of pickle beets


Washed eggs under cold running water, then boil until they are cooked, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat, refrigerate until cool completely. Peel the egg and place them in a sterile glass jar. Pour pickle beet juice liquid into the jar, refrigerate for 3 days. Remove eggs from the pickling juice into a bowl, cover, refrigerate for another 3 days. I actually only refrigerated for 1 day, it was pretty good already. I think next time I will wait for another 3 days before consuming it. I bet it tastes more pickley.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy